Many of the big adaptive/pararowing events are down in the Thames area – Marlow, Maidenhead, City of Oxford, Dorney – the growth of the sport in the western Midlands is surging. This strength is very much driven by a couple of cornerstone clubs namely Stratford-upon-Avon and Worcester. And the latter’s Autumn Regatta is the biggest adaptive event of the year outside the Thames with a number of Thames area athletes making their way there for a sterling day of competition (see group photo below).
Congratulations to the all the winners, but a special nod to Hattie Throssell convincing win in a very hard fought race which was her very first victory since she originally started adaptive rowing as a junior over 15 years ago:
- Adaptive 1x – Dan Stevenson, Maidenhead
- Supported Adaptive 2x A – Ben Marsden, Marlow and Josh Skulls, Worcester
- Supported Adaptive 2x B – Mark Sanders and Jake Blatcher, Stratford-upon-Avon
- Supported Adaptive 2x C – Susannah Barnett, Worcester and Nick Steel, Maidenhead
- Supported Adaptive 2-/2x – Hattie Throssel and Paul Beason, Stratford-upon-Avon
- Supported Adaptive 2- – Mark Brookes and Paul Beason, Stratford-upon-Avon