Many crews are adaptive squads are back on the water, but in the “in like a lion” weather has kept many off still. So it’s a bit more erging, but fortunately Concept2 are continuing to sponsor a range of competitive challenges. This time is the World Virtual Indoor Sprints in concert with World Rowing itself. British adaptive and para rowing had a strong showing including 4 finishes in the top ten.. Marlow’s Harvey Wintle, Sudbury’s Sophie Brown, and Guildford’s Chris Boys all won their age categories (with Chris just missing the world record by 0.4 seconds).
Also, World Rowing and Concept2 ran the overall World Indoor Rowing Championships a few weeks ago which featured a single GB para entry in Rhys Davies who won the M-PR3 II event.
Here are the complete British adaptive results for the Sprints:
- Ben Marsden, Marlow – 8th
- Harvey Wintle, Marlow – 10th
- Chris Boys Guildford – 15th
- Kevin Kitching, Petersfield – 25th
- Michael Burling, Milton Keynes – 29th
- Sophie Harris, Dart Totnes – 4th
- Rach Williamson, Rutland – 13th
- Gaynor Martin, Wales – 19th
- Sally Austen, Tavistock – 22nd
- Sophie Brown, Sudbury – 3rd